Monday, November 14, 2011

Mixed Media Owls

 Materials:
- Construction Paper
- Newspaper
- Scissors
- Glue
- Markers/ Pencils
- White, Brown, Orange Tempera Paint
- Paintbrushes
- Egg Cartons (Preferably the Paper Kind)
- Owl Tracers
- Twig (Optional)

This was inspired by that artist woman. We didn't get to do all the fun painting techniques because, honestly, I have a very large class and they are let's say, the rowdiest class I have. We did adapt, however, and I still think they came out adorable!

1. Trace owl pattern onto paper. Cut out and glue onto background.


2. I pre-cut all the eye shapes out of the egg cartons. Glue onto body and then paint the eyes and ears.

When I was making my exemplar, I painted them before gluing to the body. That's how I learned it's easier to glue first : ).


3. While that's drying, draw and cut your feathers. We used a tan/peach, gray and newspaper. Practice drawing your football, feather shapes.


4. Roll feathers around a pencil to curl.


5. Glue feathers to cover the whole body.

6. Paint beak orange.

7. Paint in white circles for eyes.


8. I had pre cut black circles from a punch that we glued in for eyes. You can easily paint them in, use googly eyes, or draw them in when the paint is dry.

9. Add a twig and done!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment