Sunday, October 30, 2011

Facial Feature Sketches

Materials:
- Pre-made Handouts
- Pencil
- Erasers
- Mirrors

My 7th graders are working on a Split-Face Portrait. To begin, I created hand outs that have examples of eyes, noses, mouths, and hair samples for them to practice sketching. They really studied a much more realistic style than what they are used to drawing. They were asked to take their time and study their own facial features- their individual shapes, sizes, distinct characteristics, specific details,  etc.

I was pleasantly surprised with the results (My scanner was acting really weird and scanned a very high-contrast result, taking away a natural look, not sure why, but I apologize. I also only got up to the eyes, noses and one mouth, before it started acting weird all together, but at least I got some to share!):







Stay tuned for Part 2!

2 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me of a site I was looking at this morning with a tutorial for drawing eyes. You might be interested. It is
    http://www.onlypencil.com/blog/tutorials/drawing-the-human-eye/
    Happy sketching:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, that's awesome! I will definitely print out for additional resources. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete